Terms and Conditions for Bed & Breakfast accommodation known as The Grainstore, @ Midhouse, Corrigall, Harray, Orkney. KW17 2LQ
- Arrival is from 4pm. The Property should be vacated by 10am on day of departure.
- All towels, linen, kitchen towels are included in the price.
- The accommodation is non-smoking throughout.
Well behaved pets welcome
Dog/s welcome by prior arrangement at an additional cost of £5 per night per pet. The dog however must be clean (house trained), non-destructive, quiet and kept under control at all times. The pet is not allowed to go into the bedroom ’suite’ at any time. Dog gate supplied in situ. Any damage to be reported and cost of repair paid for.
The Owner takes no responsibility for any damage done to any parked vehicle of Guests, its accessories or contents whilst staying in the Property. There is private off-road parking available.
We do not accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings; these are left at the owner’s risk. In addition to the Property having locked external doors, the bedroom ‘suite’ has an additional lock for extra security.
Guest booking deposit secures the booking at The Grainstore. Whether a booking is made direct (phone/email) or online, a deposit of at least one night’s stay will be required within 7 days to reserve the accommodation. The Grainstore reserves the right to book out the accommodation to another party if no deposit is received within 7 days. Payment of deposit indicates acceptance of Terms and Conditions. Balance of total to be paid in full by 24 hours before the due to leave date.
Please note: under Scottish Law, reservations, even by verbal agreement, are legally binding. In the event of guests needing to cancel or of a no show, costs will be recovered as below.
Cancellation by Guest/s
Full refund of deposit can only be made if the accommodation is successfully re-booked for the entire period in question. However if cancellation occurs less than 10 days before arrival the deposit will be forfeited.
Cancellation by Owner
If for any reason we are unable to provide the accommodation as booked we will endeavour to find suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible a full refund will be made of any monies paid.
- To take good care of the Property.
- Losses, including keys, or breakages can happen, but The Grainstore should be advised as soon as possible so that repairs/replacements can be made in time before arrival of the next guests. The Grainstore reserves the right to request a part/full contribution towards cost of rectification.
- Not to alter or remove any contents from the accommodation.
- Keep the Property secure. Doors, windows locked when leaving the Property and at night.
- No flammable materials, candles, smoking, deep fat frying allowed in the Property. The right is reserved to ask the Guest to leave immediately if such misuse is witnessed.
- The accommodation to be left tidy and reasonably clean.
Our Guests are advised to take out Holiday Insurance to cover any cancellations (including ferry, flights due to adverse weather), costs or damage.