Terms and Conditions for Holiday Letting of accommodation/property known as The Grainstore, @ Midhouse, Corrigall, Harray, Orkney. KW17 2LQ
‘Hirer’: person/persons entering into booking contract with the Owner.
‘Owner’: owner/s or person/s responsible for Property.
‘Property’ : the property as identified in the ‘Booking contract’.
‘Booking contract’: between Hirer and Owner, entered into on receipt of deposit, indicating the acceptance of these Terms and Conditions to protect both parties.
- Entry is from 4pm. The Property should be vacated by 10am.
- All towels, linen, kitchen towels are included in the price.
- The accommodation is non-smoking.
Well behaved pets welcome
Pets. Dog/s are welcome by prior arrangement at an additional cost of £5 per night per pet. The dog however must be clean (house trained), non-destructive, quiet and must be kept under control at all times. The pet is not allowed to go into the bedroom ’suite’at any time. Dog gate supplied in situ. Any damage to be reported and cost of repair paid for.
The Owner takes no responsibility for any damage done to any parked vehicle of the Hirer, its accessories or contents whilst staying in the Property. There is private off-road parking available.
We do not accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings; these are left at the owner’s risk. In addition to the Property having locked external doors, the bedroom ‘suite’ has an additional lock for extra security.
Deposit paid by Hirer
secures the booking with the Owner. Balance is due no later than 4 weeks prior to booking start date. If balance is not paid in full by the due date the Owner reserves the right to retain the deposit and remarket the accommodation for the booking period in question. A 40% deposit is required at the time of booking ( up to £100 maximum per week ). This can only be refunded in the event of cancellation if we are able to relet the Property for the Hirers dates.
Cancellation by Hirer
Full refund can only be made if the accommodation is successfully re-booked for the entire period in question, which the Owner will endeavour to do. If re-booked for part of the contracted dates a percentage commensurate to this will be refunded.
Cancellation by Owner
If for any reason we are unable to provide the accommodation as booked we will endeavour to find suitable alternative accommodation. If this is not possible a full refund will be made of any monies paid.
- To take good care of the Property.
- Losses, including keys, or breakages can happen, but the Owner should be advised as soon as possible so that repairs or replacements can be made in time for the arrival of the next guests. The Owner reserves the right to request a part/full contribution towards cost of rectification.
- Not to alter or remove any contents from the accommodation.
- Keep the Property secure. Doors, windows locked when leaving the Property and at night.
- No flammable materials, candles, smoking, deep fat frying allowed in the Property. The Owner reserves the right to ask the Hirer to leave immediately if such misuse is witnessed.
- The accommodation to be left tidy and reasonably clean. The Owner reserves the right to make an additional charge for extra cleaning if necessary.
The Hirer is advised to take out Holiday Insurance to cover any cancellations (including ferry, flights due to adverse weather), costs or damage.
Holiday Letting. For Self catering only
As described by the provisions of Section 12 ( schedule 4 paragraph 8 ) of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988, the Hirer/Guest by entering into the booking contract is agreeing they are entering into a holiday letting only and it is not an assured tenancy.