We are a small tourist focused accommodation business which is committed to reducing its environmental impact. On an ongoing basis we carry out all practicable measures to continually improve our environmental performance
This policy applies to all activities at The Grainstore which is part of our home Midhouse. As proprietors/owners we strive to fulfil our Environmental responsibilities. We endeavour to do this by:
- Comply with environmental legislation, regulations.
- Show environmental ‘best practice’ & assess the impact of our activities.
- Reduce & monitor the consumption of electricity, heating oil & fossil fuel energy, that have an environmental impact, to reduce to as low as possible. Supported by ‘best practice’ regarding insulation & energy saving measures within the fabric of the accommodation.
- Reduce as far as possible, the discharge of pollutants to water, land & air.
- Use as many eco friendly products.
- To provide information to our guests to enable them to follow environmental ‘best practice’ whilst staying with us and support our policy.
- Review & record on an ongoing basis to improve our ‘best practice’ procedures.
- Long term to look at solar energy provision & accommodate electric car charging provision.